Tuesday 6 January 2015

OUGD504 - Augmented Design - Printing

This morning I went to the digital print suite and printed my recipe cards and menu cards on the paper I'd got from G.F Smith


























In my previous post about stock I mentioned that I had particularly high hopes for the China White paper. I only had 2 sheets of each colour paper, and I had problems with the ink not sitting on the Mist paper fantastically well, as shown below. This wasn't a problem particularly though, as I felt the paper was a bit dark and dingy, and much preferred the China White.



























The China White paper worked really well, and I was really pleased with how my playing cards turned out, and now I had all of the project finished, I took some photo's of it.













































I set the file up in Indesign like the image below shows. By having the menu cards and recipe cards on the same file, it meant that I only needed one good print for my submission, which was important given I only had 4 sheets of paper. Had I separated them and there had been a problem with the printer on some of printouts I could've been left without a "perfect" menu card or recipe card to submit.


















That said, had I been doing this in industry, I'd be using die-cutting, and setting the file up this way would be the cheapest and quickest way to do it anyway, as it'd only require one stencil to be made, rather than having to make one for the sheets of recipe cards and one for the sheets of menu cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment